Sunday 13 February 2011

Sunday ATCs

I seem to have ATCs on the brain since my lovely Italian surprise (thank you, Black Pumpkin!  I don't think you have any idea what you may have started here - heheheee!).  These cards are a mere 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches large; filling them with a string that isn't too intricate for the dainty size, then tangling them in a way that remains visible and pleasing... it takes a bit of consideration to end up with something that suits the constrained space and also pleases aesthetically.  At any rate, I was a bit worn out today so I spoiled myself with an art break and made two new ATCs to trade (Black Pumpkin and Phine, let me know if you like any of the ones posted yet - I know I'll be making more so don't worry if you haven't seen "the one" just yet..!).  I tinted one with pencil crayons and the other with a black pencil crayon.  It's interesting to see the completely different feel that colour or shade gives to a piece.  I really can't decide if I prefer them either way; both techniques have something special to offer.  I'm also really excited because it's only one more week before I take my CZT training.  After that I'll be planning Zentangle classes, etc., I hope (accreditation is NOT a guarantee, but I'll do my best to make the cut!) and I hope to have permission to cross-link to the official Zentangle sites and definitions, etc.  I'm so pumped!  Do you think my little ATCs capture any of that?
Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely! You're going smaller while I'm just starting to go larger (Zentangle tiles, not waistlines, folks;-0) The subtle tint is so perfect, and both these tangles have a wonderful delicate and feminine feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them. I will be at the class with you in a week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, as happy as I am for you to be able to take the CZT traing, I am a bit wistful. . . . Maybe someday.

    In any case, I think your tangles are lovely. I especially like the way you colored and shaded the very colorful one.

    -byrd

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW – they are gorgeous. Both of them.
    Okay, I will make my choice right now… I´d like to have the right one (with the ballerina shoe and the slipper ;-) ).
    OMG – this is thrilling!!! An ATC from a soon-to-be CZT :-o .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making the effort to comment - let's talk!