Monday 25 April 2011

Rebirth

I've been having so much fun seeing other people using the tangles I (or Ruth!) design, that I'm going to keep it up a little longer.  With the Easter themes of rebirth and renewal, I thought this tangle would be an appropriate offering for Easter Monday.  During my CZT training, one assignment was to look about our surroundings and devise a tangle from our observations.  This is one of several I came up with.  It has its origins in the gigantic braided rag rug on the floor of the bedroom I was in.  I've always loved rag rugs - hooked, crocheted, braided - and I've always loved the way fabric that could no longer be used up or made to do would have one final incarnation as a rug.  I always tucked my children into bed so they were "snug as a bug in a rug".  I've even used a woven willow paddle to beat rag rugs on a laundry line for my Dutch AND Scottish grandmothers!  This tangle is also very easy to adjust to suit your artwork by adapting the segments via further inset patterns and visual textures - have fun and play!
Happy Monday!

11 comments:

  1. Cool. I had forgotten that this was yours. I use it all the time. Your variation #2 looks like a tangleation of Betweed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this.. will have to try it.. thanks for sharing it...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, reminds me on Kumihimo. You can do a lot of variations with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it again! And the story about the rug on the line... So Dutch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this and can't wait to use it!Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely! i want to use this now! in fact i wish i had used it already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the variations! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. I am working on a Mandala and already had this pattern in it.I never knew whos pattern it was or the name, now I know! Thanks for rebirthing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely.. Great for card makers, resembles a beautiful angled ribbon on a gift.... Hugs, Sissee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks very much, will have to see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making the effort to comment - let's talk!