Monday 6 June 2011

Zendala Magic

This week's challenge is a "sit in" for our lovely diva by the ever-fabulous Genevieve Crabbe.  Genevieve was one of the first Canadian CZTs and is well known for her intriguing Zendalas.  As our Diva needs a break this week, Genevieve has graciously filled the void and come up with the 25th challenge of the week - Zendala Magic!  She provided a basic Zendala template (in two sizes, very thoughtful - thanks, Genevieve!) and we may fill it as we wish.  I have been intending to do some Zendalas but time has gotten away from me and I haven't managed to sit with pen and template to date.  Now THIS was a positive encouragement I couldn't resist!  I sat right down tonight and had a go...what do you think?
Happy Monday!

23 comments:

  1. Very whimsical. I feel as though it's watching me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! You ARE a star!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This Zendala has personality!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your tile has the feeling that it's spinning, that's magic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Though I'm not sure I like being watched.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very alive and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the yin yang look, and how the tendrils extend beyond the template edges.
    --Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. I add my congrats to everyone else's. It's wonderful. I love the way you made the 'string' all yours. What a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the additional scroll work outside the mandala. It adds an elegant finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tangle that looks like a puzzle piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one just makes me smile. I love the eyes, and how you extended beyond the design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just great...the eyes have it...they are following me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "here's looking at you, kid" this is captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooooh Aaaaaaah - how lovely, feels like it's shimmering - don't know why but it feels like it would have a bell with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making the effort to comment - let's talk!