Tuesday 23 August 2011

Tickled

Today I decided to do something I rarely do; I used a string that I'd drawn some months ago.  I have a bunch of tiles and pages in my sketchbook with strings on them that wait for lazy days to be used.  Sometimes you just "have" to try a new tangle and oh hey, look, a string that would just suit.  Or other times you feel a need to find that zen zone without the necessity of engaging actual cognition on the path - gee, whaddaya know, a string is right here, waiting for me.  I had occasion to tidy up my work area and whilst doing this task I decided I needed to use this peculiar string.  I have no recollection of drawing it, so I have no idea WHAT I was thinking, but it was definitely an odd one.  For some reason it tickled my fancy and I just had to see what would happen with it. ASSUNTA made another appearance within, as well as PAUW, one of my newly designed favourites I'll draw up for you soon.
Happy Tuesday!

10 comments:

  1. It has a very "buglike" look to it! Nice and light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good fun, it reminds me of a filigree brooch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Airy and light...a fabulous tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, I feel the need to practice some strings for future use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fine and delicate. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey lovely lady,.... initialize slideshow goes live tomorrow morning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your slideshow for initialize is up and running!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Christine, how are things? Haven't seen a post or comment from you in a while. Hope everything's alright.
    --Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making the effort to comment - let's talk!