Saturday 5 February 2011

A Balloon All To Myself

Today I am answering Sandra Strait's challenge - Tell Your Story, Be Part Of The Art.  When I needed a break this evening, I picked up my Zentangle journal and created a quick, simple string.  I tried to fill the spaces as quickly as I could with the first tangles that came to my mind; not too much forethought or planning.  When done I enjoyed the shading and sat down to consider.  Hmmm - what is it?  What is it telling me?  What memory does it summon or thought provoke?  I am in the unique position of being the middle of four children (older brother, two younger sisters are twins!).  As a child treats were rationed carefully (all the love we could handle, as long as it was free!) and something as silly and short-lived as a helium balloon was seldom seen.  In my mind's eye I can see a young girl in her sixties summer jumper, spinning in the park, eyes to the sky, arms wide, watching her balloon twirl above her - I can feel the warm sun, smell the grass, experience the building dizziness... what do you see in this?
Happy Saturday!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your ZT and your thoughts. (This challenge is very special, isn´t it?)

    When I look at this drawing I see a (air) propeller. Each blade is showing a different engergy that keeps us going on. PARADOX in the center becomes a collapsible box which contains these energies, stores them perhaps until needed…
    4 is a material number, representing our world with its four dimensions, the four seasons etc. So this shows something really basic to me. All we need is around us. It evokes a grounded feeling.

    I don´t know whether my frizzy thoughts make any sense to you… *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a piramid lightbeam sending pretty images in to the sky.
    Beautiful zentangle

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see good balance,i translate roundness as emotions (rich in emotions) but always connected with the intelect(square).i see a person who always thinks twice and doesn't go with the fload of emotions...still is happy and radiant!that's what i see :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy tangle this is and the narrative is perfect with it. I'm thinking flowers and a peppermint candy, and the freedoms childhood offers.

    Thanks for your comment about my Zendala, and also email ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see balloons, but to me Paradox seems like an expandable bag of toys. I think Santa's reindeer are talking of retirement, and this is an experiment using balloons to float Santa and his bag of toys around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see a unique Merry-go-round. It is a four seater. Two have a place to place your butt but the other two are more risky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your zentangle reminds me of the windmills I see from my window. I also see a donut and the first springflowers. But that's maybe because I'm tired of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tile :) I see four feathery friends lifting heavy 'Paradox' friend LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making the effort to comment - let's talk!