Thursday 10 February 2011

Open Hearts

Time constraints have limited my opportunities to check out the responses to Laura's latest challenge, but I've been thinking quite a bit about her baby boy, Artoo, and the hearts and minds around the globe bending their will to help him heal... what a wonderful world we have!  I have always said beaders are the nicest people around, but now I realize that it's ALL creative souls.  Not the art snobs, not the insecure people who only feel confident when they can run someone else down, but those who feel a genuine internal NEED to create.  Here are all these wonderful artists, some professional, the majority squeezing art into lives already ridiculously busy with work, family and community, and yet they lay aside their own challenges to send love and hope to a tiny child they will (probably) never meet.  I was inspired by these thoughts to offer up a second take on this challenge - a heart made with a combination of two previous challenges (simplicity and double-string) - and dedicate it to all those fabulous, thoughtful, decent, considerate people who make this world worth living in.  In short, this one's for you!  I hope you like it.

Happy Wednesday!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I ♥ it! What a beautiful, folded ribbony, floaty, dancing heart. Simply fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't just 'like' it - I love it and well said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful in it's simplicity and thoughtfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very thoughtful and very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes ....I like it. and you have a wonderful way with words. This post is very warming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What you've written here really speaks to my soul. I know exactly what you are talking about - and I simply had to share it on my blog yesterday!! You are a Wonderful Artist. [big smiles]

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do have a way with words....and hearts...and tangling ! Thank you ;-0

    Being creative is my hedge against all the ugly in the world - Sometimes when I draw or make a collage, or add a bead to a quilt, I'm also thinking that maybe the balance between beautiful, lovingkindness and ugly hate has swung a bit to the positive side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and shaded so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so elegant! I love the simplicity, yet depth to it. (I wish I'd thought of it first) You do such beautiful work.

    And thanks for your words, too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making the effort to comment - let's talk!