Thursday 27 January 2011

Sinus Tangle Thursday

As always, one shoe drops and the other follows suit.  My daughter is coming along nicely and should be fully fit within a few more days - and thank you all for your well-wishes and kind messages!  Now of course, having expended all my energy in getting through that my poor sinuses felt neglected and had a "sit up and take notice!" hissy fit on me.  I've spent today (all I can afford to be away from the office) cuddled up on the sofa, sipping too much tea and apple juice, channel surfing (man, daytime television is LOUSY) and playing with Ixorus.  You see, there IS a silver lining!  Since I was stuck at home AND stationary, my trusty Zentangle journal kept me company.  I had another look at the directions for drawing Ixorus, checked out some truly WONDERFUL tangles the online community has posted and had another go at it.  I used Ixorus nearly exclusively and had a bit of play with tangleation, too.  In the end it kind of looks as stuffy and swollen as my poor schnozz feels, but also kinda fun... Not a bad way to get through a rough day, at all!  And here's the result:
Happy Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. It's hard to think of you being sick and making such beauty! This is truly gorgeous! Hope you feel better soon, glad you daughter is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You created such a beauty! Love the movement in this tangle. It reminds me of cumulus clouds – swelling fluffily.
    These outlined drops caught my eyes immediately. Like them very much…
    Hope that you and your daughter will get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way it all mingles together, doesn't tangling take your mind off the not so good side of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so incredible that I had to open it full size and stare for a couple of minutes! The interleaving, the shading, and the sense of composition of the whole grabbed me immediately. That center segment is especially gripping. If this is what comes from tangling with recalcitrant sinuses, I can't wait until my next sick day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! I love the swirly look it has and how everything flows together so well. I can't believe you did this while you weren't feeling well. Hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fluffy silver-lining feeling of this. A wonderful rendition of Ixorus. Hope you're both feeling better.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making the effort to comment - let's talk!